Abdul Raheem

Abdul Raheem
the Real

Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Thursday, October 8, 2009

"The Lost Poets"

Last Friday was first Friday's and I attended the art galleries on Friday. That Saturday and Sunday was the locs Conference for natural hair, a major expo and social gathering to embrace the Afro-centric values of our people. On Sunday I attended and it was an refreshing experience. I sat in and participated in a drum circle in which the energy was very strong. After the conference was over I formed a drum circle in the comfort of my own home. In which we did libations, poetry, we sang songs and danced, meditated as well as prayed. We drank herbal tea with honey.Towards the end of the night we performed poetry we found the lost poets, the poets in our selves.
Peace

" Hip Hop Music is the only music that speaks to our generation, Jazz music speaks to a whole nation ask Miles Davis" - Emma Bullock

No comments:

Post a Comment